Queenstown Law is a progressive law firm based in Central Queenstown.
Our focus areas are property law, property and business transactions, business advice (particularly in the tourism and hospitality sectors), company law, trusts and estates, and dispute resolution (relating to property, business, body corporate and commercial lease matters).
We are seeking an experienced and motivated Legal Executive to join our team.
Purpose of the role:
- To take a lead role with the firm’s conveyancing (residential, unit titles and managed apartments, refinances)
- Key role with the firm’s property practice (subdivisions, easements and covenants, commercial leases, commercial property transactions)
- Play a part in developing the firm’s client base through relationships and systems
Qualifications and experience required:
- Registered legal executive
- At least two years’ experience in a similar role in New Zealand
Knowledge and technical skills required:
- Thorough understanding of the ADLS Agreement for Sale and Purchase of Real Estate, ADLS Agreement for Sale and Purchase of a Business, ADLS Deed of Lease
- Thorough understanding of the conveyancing process, Landonline, Land Transfer Act, Property Law Act, Unit Titles Act, Residential Tenancies Act, GST Act, Property (Relationships) Act, property tax and Brightline test
- Experience with Landonline, Webforms, KiwiSaver forms, Sales Direct, Companies Office, PPSR, IPONZ, Anti-money Laundering and (ideally) Action Step
- Excellent time management, attention to detail and productivity
- Must use firm systems including workflows
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written – including drafting)
- Must work well in our team and also on your own
- Must have NZ citizenship, residency or valid NZ work visa
- Excellent business development skills
Specific job tasks:
- Handle transactions from start to finish including drafting, e-dealing, bank documentation and settlement
- Advice to clients regarding due diligence matters and disputes
- The firm’s Director
Remuneration and benefits:
- Competitive salary
- A degree of flexibility and autonomy to enable greater work/life balance
- Relaxed but focused office environment
Please send your CV (including references and social media profiles) and cover letter (including the reference Qt Law team), plus a short video clip about yourself and why you are seeking the role, to firstname.lastname@example.org [link removed] by Friday 20th November 2020.
If you have questions about the role, please contact Kerrie Chisholm on 03-4500000 before 10am Monday to Friday.