Queenstown’s heart is tourism and hospitality.
Many of our clients’ businesses are based around some of the most memorable attractions, activities, adventures and experiences that their guests can have anywhere in the world. Furthermore, we have even more clients who, every day, are giving their guests experiences that are just as memorable when dining, wine tasting, enjoying Queenstown’s famous nightlife, or staying in at our vast array of accommodation options.
Queenstown Law has developed expertise in tourism and hospitality law including:
- Sale and Purchase of Tourism and Hospitality businesses
- Health and safety laws for tourism and adventure activities
- Issues between apartment owners and property managers
- Commercial leasing
- Liquor licensing
- District Licensing Committee hearings
- Seasonal employment agreements
- Immigration – work and residence class visas
- Access arrangements such as DOC concessions and recreation permits
- Council and regulatory issues including workers’ accommodation, freedom camping etc
- Legal and commercial considerations around online booking systems such as airBNB
- Business structures, including where overseas investors are involved
- Company and shareholder issues